Following on from the successful Patient Information Sheet project, a similar approach was adopted to create an information leaflet specifically for FDOPA PET imaging. This project was also being led by Dr Giovanna Nordio, a postdoctoral research associate in the Centre for Neuroimaging Sciences at King’s College London. It was initiated in October 2021 and completed in early 2022.
The intention was to utilise some of the images that had been created for the PIS, as well as generating some new images, to include in an information sheet that will explain to patients and clinical trial participants what an FDOPA PET scan is and what will happen to them when they have a scan. Initially, work was focussed on creating a one page A4-sized pdf file that can be accessed online, with the possibility of expanding this to a physical leaflet that could be given to patients, either in-person or by inclusion in a letter.
Each step of the project was documented in full on the website Blog page. Individual blog posts relating to the project are listed below in chronological order, with links to the individual posts.
- Meeting between Gill and Giovanna, 5th October 2021 A project start-up meeting, followed by the preparation of a first draft of the FDOPA PET imaging leaflet.
- Meeting between Gill and Giovanna, 18th November 2021 A meeting to discuss the first draft of the FDOPA PET imaging leaflet.
- Second version of the FDOPA PET Imaging leaflet Creating new images for the leaflet and revising the layout.
- Meeting between Gill and Giovanna, 3rd December 2021 A meeting to discuss revisions to the FDOPA PET Imaging leaflet and the subsequent updated leaflet.
- Revising the FDOPA PET imaging leaflet Online meetings between Gill and Giovanna to discuss updates to the leaflet.
Last updated May 2022